Re: NetView

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NetView
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 18:12:53 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Youcef, we have this problem in the states, too. Tivoli sales reps are tied
up on the
very large deals and it is often unclear who does the actual marketing work
for
customers who are just interested in Netview.  Here, it is often done by
Resellers
or Business Partners. I have forwarded your request to my local Tivoli
marketing
rep to pass to the right person in your area. He will know who his
counterpart is,
and that person will know who the Resellers in your area are.

If you know that you want it, you can just call up and order it from IBM
(at least you
can in the states), or from Tivoli. I assume you have been to the Tivoli
web site
(www.tivoli.com) and seen this info:

   Canada
   Tivoli Systems Inc.
   3600 Steeles Avenue East
   Markham, Ontario L3R 9Z7
   CANADA
   Telephone: 1-800-426-2255

That phone number looks 1-800-IBM-CALL, to me, so I guess you would be
buying
it from IBM Canada when you shop in Canada.  Just tell them you want to
order it.
They should not be too busy to take an order.  If you need more persuasion,
 though,
and want a marketing person to come around and talk to you about it, or
arrange
demos and such, then you might need to get in touch with a reseller.

Another approach is to ask you local IBM Services marketing person about
assistance
with implementation. I'm pretty sure there are a number of Canadian IBMers
who
install this for a living, and they would be able to talk to you about the
product if you
are still on the fence. They of course would be interested in selling you a
 week or
so of assistance.  I recommend taking it, of course. That's what I do for a
 living.
One customer after another, one week after another.

So that's all I know to tell you. In addition, hopefully you will get a
call from a
business partner or reseller in a few days. And of course  you can ask all
of the
questions you want on the public listserver. Just get it. It's fun!

(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager