Re: Community string indexing

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Community string indexing
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 07:39:37 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Since none of those MIBs will be accessed or read by netmon for discovery
you have no problems there.  And they play no role status in updates either
.   Status is by ping.  If you want to collect data from those MIBs
however, you should create either collections or wildcard groups in for use
in xnmsnmpconf.  Since that does not support an index, you will just have
to specify the actual string for each collection or group.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Frederic Mottiat <frederic_mottiat@BE.IBM.COM> on 04/21/99 05:47:17 AM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>