Re: cisco and bay devices

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: cisco and bay devices
From: David Easter <deaster@NORTELNETWORKS.COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 11:49:27 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi Peter,

  MIBs for Bay Networks devices can be found on
http://support.baynetworks.com if you have a support contract.  They also
come with Optivity NMS.

  I don't really understand the question about bitmaps of "Optivity".
Optivity is the brand name for a line of network management products - most
commonly referring to Optivity NMS.  With Optivity NMS comes the icons for
most of the Bay Networks devices.  When you install Optivity NMS, these
icons are automatically placed in the correct directories for NetView.
With the "Update Symbols" function provided by Optivity NMS, icons in
NetView can then be updated to correctly show Bay Networks devices.

Hope that answers the question...

-David J. Easter
Sr. Product Manager - Optivity NMS, Network & IP Services Management Division
Bay Networks/Nortel Networks - How the world shares ideas.

-=-Regarding-=-