Re: Netview NT Trapd

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview NT Trapd
From: Xu He <xuhe@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 10:39:02 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
You may also want to setup automated database maintenance on all of
your databases, especially the tempdb database.  From the Enterprise
Manager -> Maintenance Wizard, I setup a weekly maintenace for every
single database I have.  If you are doing the initial discovery, you
may want to manually truncate the transaction logs.

One other thing i noticed is make sure your SQL stored procedures are
up to date.  You may see errors in you nv.log refering a certain
version of the stored procedures.  The version of the Microsoft SQL
ODBC driver should be version 3.7x, and after you install the newer
version, run the following command from the \winnt\system32 directory
to update the stored procedures.

isql \Usa \S(yourservername) \iinstcat.sql

To get the latest SQL Server ODBC Drivers, goto the microsoft site and
look for MDAC 2.1.

Hope this helps.
Xu He