Re: Framework & CDE & LIBPATH

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Framework & CDE & LIBPATH
From: "Owens, Blaine C" <bowens@EASTMAN.COM>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 11:21:00 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Although I don't run Nways I had similar problems with other X-window apps
on AIX 4.3.2. Following is an excerpt from a note which led to the solution
of this problem for me, perhaps it will fix yourm problem as well:

After talking with AIX (Charles Hall in Austin), I eventually found out
that setting the LIBPATH variable in "/etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh" was causing
 the problem.
We corrected the problem by:
1) commenting out the following 4 lines in /etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh
                 LIBDIR=/base/Tivoli/lib/aix4-r1
                export LIBDIR
                LIBPATH="${LIBDIR}:/usr/lib${LIBPATH:+:$LIBPATH}"
                export LIBPATH
2) I moved these four lines to  /.kshrc
3)  In /.profile, I added "export ENV=$HOME/.kshrc just before ".
/etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh
Now all was ok!

Blaine Owens
Eastman Chemical Company