Re: Framework & CDE & LIBPATH

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Framework & CDE & LIBPATH
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 22:21:47 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Yup, the first thing in my .kshrc is a reset of the PATH variable to the basic
one in the /etc/environments file, so it does not get longer and longer.

And in 4.3, when using Nways, it works to put /usr/lib ahead of the tivoli
library.

Thanks for the advice, I couldn't get it to work until I swapped the
ordering of the LIBPATH statement in ~/.kshrc thus:

old statement  LIBPATH="${LIBDIR}:/usr/lib${LIBPATH:+:$LIBPATH}"
new statement  LIBPATH="/usr/lib${LIBPATH:+:$LIBPATH}:${LIBDIR}"

this puts the Tivoli library path after the standard AIX one. Can anyone
see a problem with this? I.e. why the Tivoli libraries are searched first?

Also I found that the original suggestion from Leslie Clark (sourcing
/etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh in .kshrc) wasn't ideal because the
 /etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh script is called everytime you open an aixterm
(from an aixterm) causing the PATH variable to grow with duplicate Tivoli
paths.

Thanks again everyone, these environment variables are the bain of my life
- who would be a system's administrator?!?

Erdinc.

--
Erdinc Degirmencioglu
Network Infrastructure,