Re: Can you have a NT Client with AIX Server ??

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Can you have a NT Client with AIX Server ??
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 10:34:43 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Let's keep the terminology accurate.  An X-emulator does not give you a
NetView client.  To have a NetView client you must install NetView code for
that operating system on the box which runs the client and connect it via
the Tivoli gui  to the NetView server.

What you are talking about here is an X-client (not a NetView Client) which
duplicates a telnet session with an exported display  and does not offload
any GUI function from the NetView server.   In fact, it increases the load
on the server.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Xu He <xuhe@YAHOO.COM> on 05/10/99 10:08:24 AM