Re: events showing up late in control desk (nvcorrd, nvserverd)

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: events showing up late in control desk (nvcorrd, nvserverd)
From: "Owens, Blaine C" <bowens@EASTMAN.COM>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 09:07:07 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Bryan, the following note from James Shanks may be pertinent:

Here's an item of interest that was passed to me from the Level 2 team in
Support:

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

The  following AIX PTFs have been PE'd:

     AIX 4.2.1 PTF: bos.net.tcp.client 4.2.1.22    (IX84982)
     AIX 4.3.2 PTF: bos.net.tcp.client 4.3.2.4      (IX85539)

  If you get a customer on AIX 4.2.1 or 4.3 with strange socket issues,
e.g. netstat -an shows massive queue backups without an obvious reason,
check the lslpp -ha for one of these filesets.  The AIX 4.2.1 PTF has been
replaced by bos.net.tcp.client 4.2.1.23.  Rejecting the fileset is
currently the only 4.3 solution.  This bug (IX87310) hoses the socket when
large data transfers occur over large MTU interfaces, i.e. loopback.
Problems reported, so far, include nvcorrd(1666)->nvserverd(1665) socket
problems, often masquerading as ruleset problems.

Blaine Owens
Eastman Chemical Company
Email - bowens@eastman.com
Phone - (423)229-3579