Re: Tivloi GUI not starting

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Tivloi GUI not starting
From: Najm Addous <naddous@DIMENSION.NET>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 18:01:33 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Sean,
(Most likely) sounds like an authrization problem to me. You might confirm
that too by running
 some tivoli commands (e.g wls,wlookup..).
You might get more detalied debugging info by stopping oserv  and running
the command:
odadmin trace errors
try to start oserv again, launch tivoli
then issue the command
odstat -v > file_name

I don't suspect any X/Windows problems since you could not run Tivoli on the
console.

Najm Addous
Systems Engineer
Dimension Enterprises