Re: Registration

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Registration
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 10:44:19 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Michael -

You have to request your own subscription to this list (NV-L).  No one else
can do it for you.
Send a note to listserv@ucsbvm.ucsb.edu which contains just one line
     subscribe NV-L <your_first_name> <your_last_name>
You will get a note back asking for confirmation by sending just the word
"OK" back to listserv.
Then you will get a final confirmation note telling you that you are
subscribed.  You should save this note because it contains information on
how to unsubscribe and to control your subscription.  When you want to ask
a question or add a response to the list you just send a note to
NV-L@ucsbvm.ucsb.edu and it will be broadcast to all subscribers, as this
one was.  When you want to alter you subscription, you send those command
to listserv not to NV-L.  Get it?

The instructions for subscribing to this list are in the back of the
NetView Release Notes.  Were they not clear to you or did you hear about
this list in some other way?

Also this list concerns NetView not Tivoli products  in general, though
others (Framework, TEC) are often discussed as to how they interface with
NetView.   You do have NetView, don't you?

Please note also that the list is not an official Support channel but a
user group forum.  Tivoli does not maintain the list (thanks to the
volunteers at UCSB who do!) and no one from Tivoli is required to respond
to anything posted here.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Hostig, Michael" <Michael.Hostig@OGS.STATE.NY.US> on 05/12/99 09:49:49 AM