Framework & Netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Framework & Netview
From: Rob Rinear <robr@DIRIGO.COM>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 12:03:30 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I have 2 TMRs, not interconnected, and I need to move my Netview (v5.1)
station from 1 to the other.  I have already done the framework pieces to
accomplish this (as a Managed Node), but the new TMR has no knowledge of the
Netview server.  Is there any way to "register" the Netview server with the
new TMR without reinstalling Netview?

If I have to reinstall, will it overwrite the existing Netview
configuration?  I have NWAYS intstalled, along with map customization that I
can't afford to lose.

Finally, if it will overwrite my existing setup, could I simply save a full
copy of /usr/OV and then restore it after the reinstall of Netview?

Any help is appreciated....

Rob Rinear
Dirigo Incorporated
Systems and Network Management Solutions
(513) 421-6500
robr@dirigo.com
http://www.dirigo.com