Re: Ruleset Suggestions

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Ruleset Suggestions
From: Jan Green <greenjan@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 09:19:18 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
YES!! That is exactly what I am looking for!

I currently have a server collection and a router
collection that I assume I would use to determine
which is the server trap and which is the router trap?

My problem is that I have 60+ servers each with thier
own router. How can I tell NetView which router goes
to which server without creating 60 collections for
comparison?

The below example seems like it would reset a server
trap with any router trap it receives, not necessarily
one in the same network with the server.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding how the reset on match
works?

Thanks

Jan