Re: Ruleset Suggestions

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Ruleset Suggestions
From: Jan Green <greenjan@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 04:00:58 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Thanks Gary!!

That is a great suggestion. However, I do not have
NetView setup to recognize the routers as SNMP
devices.
My customer is only concerned with the TR0 on the
interfaces.

I did however come up with a solution:

I created a file, like someone suggested with two
columns. One with the Server Name and one with the
router name.

When a server trap comes in, I pass the NVATTR_2
variable to a script which finds that name in the file
and basically greps column 2(router name) and assigns
it to a $router variable, which the script then pings.

If the ping is successful, it returns a code of 0, if
it fails it returns a 1. Using a Inline Action Node, I
can stop the process.

Thanks Everyone!!