Re: Framework & Netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Framework & Netview
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 00:42:39 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I would put the patch on the new tmr server, and start the create
of the server and see what it says in the dialog. If it says
'need to copy..' for all of the components, I would cancel. It
may just say 'already has...' for everything, and then register
the stuff with the new tmr server. If I took the cancel route, then
I would go through the migration process, I guess. Whatever
I did, I would do the tivoli backup at each point. And every
other kind of backup there is.

Want to try it and let us all know? Want to call Support?

I have 2 TMRs, not interconnected, and I need to move my Netview (v5.1)
station from 1 to the other.  I have already done the framework pieces to
accomplish this (as a Managed Node), but the new TMR has no knowledge of the
Netview server.  Is there any way to "register" the Netview server with the
new TMR without reinstalling Netview?

If I have to reinstall, will it overwrite the existing Netview
configuration?  I have NWAYS intstalled, along with map customization that I
can't afford to lose.

Finally, if it will overwrite my existing setup, could I simply save a full
copy of /usr/OV and then restore it after the reinstall of Netview?

Any help is appreciated....

Rob Rinear
Dirigo Incorporated
Systems and Network Management Solutions
(513) 421-6500
robr@dirigo.com
http://www.dirigo.com