Re: Cleanup of Netview on AIX

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Cleanup of Netview on AIX
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 00:33:31 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
When I walk into a situation like that, I reinstall AIX so I know
exactly what is what. You may have reasons for not doing that.
But it takes about three hours and gives a clean slate.

If Netview smit is there, look for the option to deinstall Netview.
If it is there, run it. That should remove the menus. The script
that removes the netview smit is
/usr/lpp/nv6000/nv6000.features.obj.odmdel
This will be gone too, after you run the deinstall, so if it is
really messed up, you might want to keep a copy of that
in case the smit stuff is still there after you attempt the
deinstall.

Tivoli Framework is not involved with the ODM. All you
should have to do to clean that off is
- kill the oserv if it is running
- remove everything under your Tivoli directory
- remove the /etc/Tivoli directory
- remove  references in /etc/rc.net
- if you had already updated you profile or .kshrc
  with the sourcing of the tivoli environment, take that out
   until after you reinstall the Framework.

     Hi all,

     Can someone please tell me what can I do to cleanup my system
     completely. I executed the script "cleanup" on the cdrom but still
     seem the software is on the machine. How do I get rid off the menu
     options of TME 10 Netview in smit.

     I also need to get rid off Framework.

     The problem is that Netview 5.1 was installed not though Framework but
     separately.

     Can anybody help.

     Thanks

     Lauritz