Re: DHCP

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: DHCP
From: Xu He <xuhe@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 05:33:08 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
If you get a workstation that's beaconing, chances are you whole Token
Ring is temporarily out of commission.  The only trap or event you
should see should come out of the Token-ring interface of the router,
and on your map the whole ring should be down.  I don't think
workstations can generate traps concerning hard errors such as
beaconing, your hubs or switches, may be able to.

Hope this helps
Xu He
Network Solutions, Inc