Comprehensive database housekeeping for Netview on NT

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Comprehensive database housekeeping for Netview on NT
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 01:27:52 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I thought I had seen a good one recently and saved it, but now that I
need it I cannot find it.

On AIX, I would run ovtopofix and the appropriate compression tool
depending on the database format, then tar off the database directory.
On NT I'm not sure what to do to have a restorable database,
especially since there is the relational database involved. Is this
documented somewhere? I've seen a couple of notes about
compression, but that's it. Winzip?

If I restore the a saved \usr\ov\databases\openview, do I have
to restore anything in the other databases (eg access, or sql)?
Thanks for any pointers.