Web Client

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Web Client
From: FITZINGER Richard <richard.fitzinger@IT-AUSTRIA.COM>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 15:47:26 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Recently we have installed the 5.1.1 patch without any installation
problems. The /usr/OV/service/version file shows the following:
# DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE!
# It identifies the installed version of the product.
#
ProductName:         "TME 10 NetView"
OperatingSystem:     "AIX"
Version.Release:     "5.1.0"
Maintenance.Release: "5.1.1.0"
FixLevel:            "NVS5110"
KanjiFixLevel:       "None"
ClientFixLevel:      "NVC5110"
version: END

After restarting the daemons I still feel that some of the defects mentioned
in the patch release notes are not fixed.
1. IX83025 Webclient displays new object holding area incorrectly
Right. It shows it not incorrectly, because the web client shows none of the
objects I see on the r/w map.
2. IX83729 Web client IP internet layout is off the window
If you add a location symbol, cut and paste a bunch of routers and networks
into that location you will see in some of that locations the effect of
out-of-range objects. Furthermore, on the network layer we still see that
the layout is off the window (shouldn't APAR IX83729 have covered this, too?
Or is has there been no APAR for this so far?).
I know, there is a workaround (adding and deleting a background gif for each
out-of-range submap), but as for the mass of submaps we have to manage, this
is not a proper solution for us.

Are these problems related to our site or has anybody noticed that, too?

OS: AIX 4.2.1
Browser: Netscape 4.51

Regards,
Richard