Re: Web Client

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Web Client
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 13:01:09 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Changing permissions on the map is not the same thing as starting the web
server.  It is started automatically if the GUI is started by root.   If
you don't want root to start the GUI, then use nvwebstart, though that
command, like the starting of the daemons, also requires you to be root.

I thought nvwebstart and nvwebstop had been mentioned on this forum before.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Gil Irizarry <IRIZARRG@LABS.WYETH.COM> on 05/14/99 11:35:54 AM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>