Re: Risposta: Regarding the loading of MIB FILE

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Risposta: Regarding the loading of MIB FILE
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 12:48:24 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
That is because you are on NT and not  on UNIX.   It is IMPORTANT that when
you ask a question on this list that you identify the operating system and
level of code you have  if you expect to get the right answer.

The MIB loader on NT is called  loadmib (for SNMP V1 MIBs only) and
loadmibV2  (for SNMP V2 or V1 MIBs).  The syntax is similar to UNIX in that
there is a command line option to load or unload MIBs:

loadmib -load /usr/ov/snmp_mibs/<mib_file>         and loadmib  -unload
/usr/ov/snmp_mibs/<mib_file>
loadmibv2  -load /usr/ov/snmp_mibs/<mib_file>    and loadmibv2  -unload
/usr/ov/snmp_mibs/<mib_file>

If you cd  to /usr/OV/snmp_mibs when you issue the command you need not
specify the full path name.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Sharma, Sanjeev" <Sanjeev.Sharma@USA.XEROX.COM> on 05/14/99 08:50:08 AM