Re: Moving all of /usr/OV to another disk...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Moving all of /usr/OV to another disk...
From: Neil Núñez <nnunez@ESPOL.EDU.EC>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 09:31:10 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Yes, I did a few weeks ago.

Follow this steps:

1.- Stop all NetView daemon, Web Server too
2.- Create a new filesystem on the new disk with a temporaly mount directory
3.- Go to the /usr/OV directory
4.- Execute: find . -print | cpio -pdlu [temporaly mount directory]
5.- Umount the /usr/OV directory
6.- Umount the temp directory (which have the binaries now)
7.- Mount the new filesystem at /usr/OV directory
8.- Restart all NetView daemons
9.- If everything work fine, then remove the old filesystem