Re: trap customization

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: trap customization
From: Lucy Premus <lpremus@METLIFE.COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 13:09:22 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Yes James I think I understand.  I probably will have more questions once I
delve into it, but I'll give it a shot.  Thanks......Lucy

James_Shanks@tivoli.com on 06/02/99 12:50:08 PM

Please respond to NV-L@ucsbvm.ucsb.edu

To:   NV-L@ucsbvm.ucsb.edu
cc:    (bcc: Lucy Premus/Bsg/MetLife/US)

You want to issue a new trap?   Then you have two ways to go, but either
way you must write a script to issue the snmptrap command with your new
trap data in it.   Then you can kick off that script either in a ruleset or
from an automatic action in trapd.conf.   But writing the script is your
first step.  You have to pass your script the elements of the trap you want
to pass along.  Do you follow me?

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Lucy Premus <lpremus@METLIFE.COM> on 06/02/99 11:17:18 AM