Send event when node is down at startup???

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Send event when node is down at startup???
From: Jeff Fitzwater <jfitz@PRINCETON.EDU>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 16:27:12 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
        I am running Netview 5.1.1on Solaris 2.6, and am trying to have netview
show a list of events indicating all nodes currently down.
        If I create a dynamic event list and filter only node down events, I do
not get all the nodes that are down in the map, only nodes that were up
and then went down after netview was started.   I decided to save the
"event environment" so when I started netview the event filter would be
available at startup to receive the full event stream.   But no luck,
none of the nodes that are down at startup show up in the filtered event
stream or in the full unfiltered event stream.

As far as startup, I exited the Netview GUI and restarted it and also
tried stopping all netview processes and restarting them but same
results.

In summary, if the node is down at startup no "event down" is
generated.   So it appears.

Any ideas on this.

Thanks

Jeff Fitzwater