Fw: Fw: Cisco Cat5500-RSM

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Fw: Fw: Cisco Cat5500-RSM
From: Karin Binder <karin.binder@NWA.COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 16:59:08 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Gil,

Glad to hear of your success.
Re: oid_to_type:  Check the /usr/OV/conf/oid_to_type file.  The
documentation at the top of the file explains the syntax and the optional
flags.  Flags GS are used for a gateway with secondary addresses.  If you
have other router types running HSRP, find their sysObjectID and set the
flags on those entries as well.

Karin
----------
> From: Gil Irizarry <IRIZARRG@LABS.WYETH.COM>
> To: NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU
> Subject: Re: Fw: Cisco Cat5500-RSM
> Date: Wednesday, June 23, 1999 4:05 PM
>
> Karin:
>   Thank you for the response. I removed the external DNS lookup and the
problem went away.
> What should the oid_to_type entry look like? And do I have to modify any
other members?
> In Netview the OID associated with the RSM is 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.168. Is
this correct for HSRP?
> Thanks in advance
> Gil Irizarry

> Hello Gil,
>
> I saw similar symptoms on the symbols for our Cisco routers running HSRP
> (Hot Standby Routing Protocol) when running NetView 5.1 on AIX 4.3.2.
I'm
> not sure what version you're running.  Our problems were fixed in NetView
> 5.1.1.
>
> Other thoughts:
>
> 1) oid_to_type flags:  Do you have the 'S' flag set for devices using
HSRP?