Re: Fw: Cisco Cat5500-RSM

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Fw: Cisco Cat5500-RSM
From: "Prokott, Joe" <Joe.Prokott@WESTGROUP.COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 17:23:08 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I have a PMR opened for the same issue.  I too am querying a node with the
same OID you state below.  Below is what I received so far from official NV
support:

"You do not want to have the S flag set in the oid_to_type file for
a HSRP device.  This can create problems with NetView handling HSRP (per
Mike P.).
DNS name resolution is not required for HSRP support.  Without name
resolution,
the selection name will default to the ip address instead of hostname."

It is strange that many users have stated to put the "S" flag in the
oid_to_type file, yet NV support says not to for HSRP discovery.

I have not had any luck in getting the HSRP address to show yet either.
I'll post something as I get more info.

Joe Prokott - West Group
Network Architect
610 Opperman Drive