Nways Java 1.1.4.4 question [virus checked]

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Nways Java 1.1.4.4 question [virus checked]
From: Sean Donnellan <SWD@SYSDAT.DE>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 15:31:20 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Does anyone know if and why java 1.1.4.4 should be needed to install nways (as
opposed to a higher level such as 1.1.6.1 or 1.1.7.x). As an answer to an nways
PMR I was informed that because I had installed nways using Java 1.1.6 I would
have to reinstall it using 1.1.4.4 and then upgrade to 1.1.6 or higher again. I
don't quite understand the logic of this.

Hopefully someone can give me a clue as to what the situation with Jave is.

          Sean Donnellan.