Re: WBEM

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: WBEM
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 09:10:01 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I haven't used this myself, but the support is based upon nvsniffer.  You must
uncomment the WEBM line in \usr\ov\conf\nvsniffer.conf and run nvsniffer for him
to discover nodes which support WEBM and add fields relating to that support to
the object database.  A smart set of WEBM providers will be created.  And then
you should be able to see the WEBM info as a property tip, and do a WEBM "demand
poll" of those nodes under the Tools pull-down menu.   At least, this is what my
notes say.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Frantsen Christian <cf@INTERNOC.SE> on 07/05/99 06:04:52 AM