Things to know about CiscoWorks 2000

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Things to know about CiscoWorks 2000
From: Alek Barsky <abarsky@RCI.ROGERS.COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 10:28:38 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I have CiscoWorks2000 for AIX running starting January 1999.
It (CW2000) consist of following applications:
1. CRM - Cisco Resource Manager
2. CWSI Campus - Cisco Works for Switch Internetworks
3. CV - CiscoView
The only application that will integrate into NetView is CiscoView.
It will give you an Expanded View of the Cisco device and
It can be launched from NetView map.

I would like to advise on one of the problems I had with CiscoWorks.
I use CW2000 to archive router configuration.
Initially I configured it to retain no more then 15 copies for no more
then 52 weeks.
It had been working fine for about 3 months.
Then it deleted ALL configs that I stored for that time.
It simply purged all configurations.
I disabled purging and enhanced backup procedures.
I wish all of you luck!
Thanks