Patched netmon from TDS network guide

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Patched netmon from TDS network guide
From: Frederic Mottiat <frederic_mottiat@BE.IBM.COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 10:37:10 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello,

Bundled in the TDS Network Element performance guide comes a new patched
netmon binary. This binary is there to enhance the basic functionnality of
the netmon daemon, extending it to collect availability data. Availability
data files are to be uploaded once a day to the TDS server for further
upload in the database.

Each day, a new availability data file is created as
/usr/OV/databases/availData_<date>.
Entries in this file have the following format :
     159672821 bebb245.benelux.ibm.com 931516254

I couldn't find in TDS docs any explanation to this format. What are the
first and last number for ? Anyone had a look at this already ?
I'd like to process this file for availability reporting, if possible.

Cheers,

Frederic

Frederic Mottiat - IBM Global Services (PSS-SMNS)