Re: "Out of colors" problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: "Out of colors" problem
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@SKILLS-1ST.CO.UK>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 11:25:31 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi Simon,
I haven't found a complete answer but I tune my CDE desktop via the
Style Manager to give "Most Colours for Applications" - this doesn't
totally prevent the "Out of Colours" problem, but it does reduce it.
Start NetView first via the nv6000 or netview command line to ensure you
don't get the security conscious "black events on a black background"
syndrome.  Also, if you use Netscape, make sure you invoke it with the
"- install" flag to prevent it hogging loads more colour map.

Cheers,
Jane
--
Tivoli Certified Enterprise Consultant