Re: backups

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: backups
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 11:30:45 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Can't tell you about Framework but you know the answer for Netview, don't you?

You must back up all of /usr/OV/databases/openview.   You cannot backup just
topology, because it is integrated with the object and map databases as well.
tar will do a fine job for a backup, but I would use pax the restore it rather
than tar so that you preserve the sparse file space of the original.  Other
folks report that the AIX backup and restore command work quite nicely too.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Ziyad Choudhury <ziyad@US.IBM.COM> on 07/12/99 10:49:24 AM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>