Re: List of Objects to ASCII File

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: List of Objects to ASCII File
From: Matthias Goellnitz <GOELL@DE.IBM.COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 15:38:53 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi Leslie,

thanks for your help. I found only the command nvUtil on my netview server.
I made one collection with 9 subnets.

The result of nvUtil l <my_subnet> is a list with all subnet IP-Addresses.

But my gole is a list of all IP-devices below the segments of subnets.

I think the list-command nvUtil works only with the <collection name>  and
the first level <subnets>.
The secund level <segments> and thirt level <devices> gives no results.

If I made a collection of all segments, the nvUtil result is a list with
<segments_IPaddresses>.

I can't greate one collection with all IP-Addresses of devices that's to
mutch for one collection.

Is there a other way for greating of a list with IP-Addresses and
hostnames?

perhaps you can help me again?

Thanks and a nice weekend.

Salü
Matthias

IBB-Süd NW Netzwerkservices
Phone ++49 (0) 9721-91-4207 Fax ++49 (0) 9721-91-6188
e-Mail: goellnitz_m@ibb.de