Re: Netview NT 5.1.1 Console

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview NT 5.1.1 Console
From: Xu He <xuhe@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 13:32:38 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Todd,

I am not certain about your scenario.  When you refer
to the console, I am assuming you meant the client.  I
know there are times when the certain object for some
reason remain on a client's map even though I know I
delete it.  I am not certain the reliability of the
update mechanism, since it is running over NetBEUI.
When I did a sniffer trace, the client seem to copy
down a update file every few seconds.

Here's what I did, it may not apply to people with
multiple maps.  Because I created my map on the
server, I wrote a script that copies the server map to
the client every time the client restart.  Thus the
clients maps are nearly identical to the server one.
The batch file I modified is somewhat resembles the
getservermap.bat, in the \usr\ov\bin directory.

Hope this helps
Xu He

--- "Todd E. Lewis" <telewis@PROVBANK.COM> wrote:
> I'm having a problem with a Netview console not
> being synchronized with the server as far as the
> smartsets are concerned. Is there a way to fix this?

===
Xu He
Consulting Services Engineer
Network Solutions, Inc