Re: Paging space...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Paging space...
From: Ray Schafer <schafer@TKG.COM>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 07:07:31 +0000
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Gord Michaels wrote:

> Hello All.
>
> I am running AIX 4.3.2 and Netview 5.1.
>
> I have 2 Gb of memory on my Netview Server. I have allocated 1.5 Mb of
> paging space. What is the practical recommendation for paging space on a
> Netview Server. Should I have 4 Gb of paging space?? That seems like an
> awful lot??

AIX maps memory to paging space, so you need at least as much paging space as
memory.  Rue of thumb is, I believe, Paging space shoud be 1.5 times memory.
However with 2 GB, you could get away with a value closer to 1 times memory
than 1.5 times memory.

--
Ray Schafer                   | schafer@tkg.com
The Kernel Group              | Distributed Systems Management