Re: Paging space...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Paging space...
From: Vladimir Petr <petr@DATASYS.CZ>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 13:01:30 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Gord Michaels wrote:

> Hello All.
>
> I am running AIX 4.3.2 and Netview 5.1.
>
> I have 2 Gb of memory on my Netview Server. I have allocated 1.5 Mb of
> paging space. What is the practical recommendation for paging space on a
> Netview Server. Should I have 4 Gb of paging space?? That seems like an
> awful lot??
>
> Any info appreciated.
>
> Gord.

Gord,
there are some guidelines in the NetView installation guide on how much paging
space should be created according to amount of
RAM.
If there is less than 256 MB RAM, let the paging space be twice as large as
RAM. If you have more memory, there is this formula
for this case:

Paging Space (in MB) = 512 + (memory - 256) * 1.25

For example:
memory(MB)      paging space (MB)
64              128 to 192
128             256
256             512
512             832
1024            1472

HTH,
Best regards,
Vladimir
--
"...and the speaking stones have lain a long time looking at the sun.