Re: How to set event correlation on Netview 5.1 NT

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: How to set event correlation on Netview 5.1 NT
From: "Todd E. Lewis" <telewis@PROVBANK.COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 12:44:22 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Tivoli should have their resellers tell the true to customers about the
differences between NT and AIX. Most companies have more expertise in NT then
they do AIX.

>>> James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM> 07/26 12:38 PM >>>
I am afraid you may be out of luck here, depending upon what you want to do.

The ruleset implementation on NT is currently incomplete.  As you noticed, there
is no ruleset editor.  And the syntax of rulesets is not documented anywhere
(they are meant to be read only by the binaries and not by people).  So creating
your own from scratch is not supported.   You can examine the rulesets that are
provided (in \usr\ov\conf\rulesets -- they are named "*.rs" ) to see what they
do,  and the copy one of them and play with it, if you like, but you will be
pretty much on your own to make it work.  If all you have to work with is just
the NT version of the product then you will certainly have a very difficult
task.  Until development provides a ruleset editor in some future release
(whenever that may be) creating your own is not a practical idea.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

---------------------- Forwarded by James Shanks/Tivoli Systems on 07/26/99

James Shanks