Re: Cisco ip unnumbered interfaces

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Cisco ip unnumbered interfaces
From: "Prokott, Joe" <Joe.Prokott@WESTGROUP.COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 13:04:02 -0500
The Netview netmon daemon doesn't "ping" these interfaces because it can't
ping unnumbered interfaces.  However, it could do an snmpget to get the
admin and oper status, but it is not configured to do so; thus, netmon
discovers them and puts them into the map, but they are always green.

I'd recommend creating your own script that does this polling and changes
the NV symbols accordingly.  I started to do so until I realized there were
problems with NV correctly discovering all of our unnumbered interfaces.
Thus, I have been working with NV support on the discovery of these
unnumbered interfaces since then.

Joe Prokott - West Group
Network Architect
610 Opperman Drive