Re: Problem for represent meaningful information in action box of

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Problem for represent meaningful information in action box of
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 08:25:01 -0400
Maggie -

Show us your action command so we can examine it.

$NVG is the generic trap type, probably a  number "6'.  $NVS is the the specific
trap number.  So you would expect these to be numeric.  As for the MIB number,
you'll have to explain what you are doing and why you expected anything else.

Did you want to send in the mail what you see in the event display?  Then you
must use xnmtrap to see how the event log message is formatted and send
something similar to that.  For example, if the event log message says "$3" then
you must send  "$NVATTR_3" in your mail.  If it says "$4 interface is $5"  then
you must send " $NVATTR_4 interface is $NVATTR_5".

Do you understand?

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Sin Wai Yee, Maggie" <mwysin@KCRC.COM> on 08/06/99 12:27:20 AM