Re: Events stop coming into Events Display...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Events stop coming into Events Display...
From: Gord Michaels <gord_michaels@HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 06:37:17 PDT
Hello James.

I am using AIX 4.2.1 and Netview 5.1.1.
I will contact support.
Right now, when the problem occurs, I do the following:

1. ovstop nvcorrd - this will also stop actionsvr and nvserverd.
2. ovstart nvcorrd - will start nvcorrd but may not restart actionsvr
       and nvserverd.
3. ovstart - this will restart actionsvr and nvserverd.

This seems to temporarily solve the problem without shutting down the
Netview Server completely.

Do you see any potential problems with this temporary procedure?

Sincerely,

Gord Michaels.