Re: Events stop coming into Events Display...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Events stop coming into Events Display...
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 10:57:33 -0400
No, Gord, they should stop.  You are right that is how it is designed. But when
you restart them all, who had the problem?

 It is possible that actionsvr hung first and that nvcorrd hung in response
trying to send him a message and wait for a response.  Do you get the drift?
It does not follow that because you restarted nvcorrd, that he is the one who is
the source of the problem.  For that matter, nvcorrd could have hung because
trapd quit talking to him, and the connection gets re-established upon start up.
There is no simple way to know unless you investigate with the help of someone
who understands how it all works together.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Gord Michaels <gord_michaels@HOTMAIL.COM> on 08/06/99 10:42:55 AM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>