Re: NetView Trap #58982415

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NetView Trap #58982415
From: Xu He <xuhe@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 13:04:35 -0700
One way to fix it is to place the ip address and host
name in the host file and turn on Enable DNS for Name
Resolution, in the NT TCP/IP setup.  Since NT will
check the host file before it check the WINS, it
hopefully will get rid of the message for you.  Or you
can find the interface and deleted it and exclude the
ip address in the Seed file.  I had to do it on a few
of my NT boxes.  Don't you just hate WINS.

===
Xu He
Consulting Services Engineer
Network Solutions, Inc