Re: Multiple Notification Routes With TRAPs

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Multiple Notification Routes With TRAPs
From: "Chance, Larry" <lchance@SFBCIC.COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 14:50:50 -0500
*I need to reopen this issue.*

I've been successful with one-line commands, such as, nvpage ...
net send ... and mailto ... with the traps and passing their variables.

I'm putting all three of these into a single file for execution.
I've tried .bat and .cmd files, but the trap variables are not
following the .bat and/or .cmd files.

Here's a sample of the .bat/.cmd file:

nvpage 9780590@metromedia +FYI+NETVIEW+ The CONFIGURATION Mode has been
entered on device "$A"

net send uhljc The CONFIGURATION Mode has been entered on device "$A"

mailto -S "FYI+NETVIEW" -M "The CONFIG Mode has been entered on
device:"+"$A" -U mynetview@myemail.com -h mysmtp.myemail.com -D
myname@myemail.com

(Note:net send is an NT command to send messages to computer screens)

Here's the line within the trap setting:
e:\\usr\\ov\\bin\\doConfigMode.bat "$A"
(Note: I've tried the above with & w/o the "$A")

Anybody see anything wrong with why the variable isn't passed?

Thanks,

Larry