Netview AUto-Discovery for DHCP devices

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Netview AUto-Discovery for DHCP devices
From: Michael Tsai <mictsai@TW.IBM.COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 06:03:03 +0800
Hello!,

  Would somebody can tell me how to configure Netview-AIXsystem can auto
discover all DHCP devices?

   I also try to configure seedfile with wildcard format(e.g. 192.168.2.*)
, then except Netview-AIX can auto discover
   for this subnet all DHCP devices, but the result is bad, nothing get to
discover except I put  exactly IP address
   into seedfile. and I also try the same approach in Netview-NT, then I
got all DHCP devices automatically with
   system default setting(autodisciver all network objects), is this
Netview-AIX system limitation? or there are
   some system setting should do. Thanks!

Michael Tsai
   ITAP-SSR-RS/6000 & AIX,
   Availability Service
IBM Taiwan Corporation,
   206, Sec. 1, Keelung Rd., Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C.
   Tel: 886-2-7259365,  Fax: 886-2-7201499
   Notes ID: MICTSAI/Taiwan/IBM,  Internet ID: mictsai@tw.ibm.com