NT MLM not taking over polling

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NT MLM not taking over polling
From: Muni Chatarpal <muni@INS.COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 15:56:19 -0500
Anyone out there in 'NT MLM land' experiencing the same problems that I am ?

We have a UNIX NV6k server polling the network.  We installed an NT MLM on
a windowsNT system running SP3.  Netmon is running with the following
options  -P -g -z.  Performing the commands
netmon -a 51 (lists nodes with managing MLM) &
netmon -a 102 (lists nodes by managing MLM) and observing netmon.trace file
informs me that the NT MLM is polling its default subnet.

But its really NOT.  When I unplug a device from the network it does not
change color.  NEtmon thinks the MLM is managing the subnet, when, in
reality it is not.

Anyone out there successfully running with NT MLMs ?  I tried cycling
midland daemons and reinstalling the MLM but no luck.

Thanks for any feedback.

Muni Chatarpal
Senior Network Systems Consultant
International Network Services