Re: ping response

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: ping response
From: Mark Sklenarik <markskl@ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 21:38:47 -0400
I would suggest the next time it happens get a netmon trace for what netmon
is doing. When you ping from the map, netmon is the application that traces
the ICMP request.  Determine if netmon is actually sending the ping.
 "netmon -M 3" from the commandline will activate tracing of ICMP request
and replys.   Examine /usr/OV/log/netmon.trace to determine if the request
is actually being made.

What version are you at please?

Mark Sklenarik
Tivoli NetView Product Integrity