Antwort: multiple netview mlm up traps

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Antwort: multiple netview mlm up traps
From: Margit Holzwarth <Margit.Holzwarth@RWSO.DE>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 09:11:02 +0100

Hello,
since e-fix IY00769 (new netmon and ovtopmd) we have the same problem:
A lot of interface up events from netmon although there was no status change.
These interfaces have not been down before.

Example of trapd.log event:
935674505  3  Thu Aug 26 15:35:05 1999 RI63EBE1                  N Interface
Loopback0 up.

Previous event in trapd.log for this interface:
935641076  3  Thu Aug 26 06:17:56 1999 RI63EBE1                  N Interface
Loopback0 up.

We work with AIX 4.2.1, NetView 5.1.1
Status polling is done by MLMs

Margit