Answer: Monitor not finding MIB variable Disk Usage

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Answer: Monitor not finding MIB variable Disk Usage
From: Swen Jedlicka <Swen.Jedlicka@NBG.NET>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 09:00:10 +0200
Hi Rajiv,

Do you want to monitor the Disk Usage variable by using the MLM ?

To get this variable by using the MIB Browser you only need a read
community for this specific variable.
To monitor this variable by using the MLM you need a read/write community
to set the specific MLM variables.
The MLM variables includes different things, like arm conditions, rearm
conditions, should a variable be monitored ?,...

Please check your /etc/snmpd.conf for the right community.

I hope this helps

Swen Jedlicka
nbg Netzbetriebsgesellschaft mbH

"Hiremagalur, Rajiv" <Rajiv@EXCHANGE1.MLB.ILSTU.EDU> am 26.08.99 16:49:38
GMT

Bitte antworten an Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on
      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>