Re: Ruleset Editor - Compare MIB Variable

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Ruleset Editor - Compare MIB Variable
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 15:16:26 -0400
Sorry, there is no way to use part of the trap in a ruleset  MIB Compare Node
except as the node to do the compare against.  Both the MIB instance
specification and the compare value are constants you must enter when you build
the rule.
That's not very flexible, but that is how it works today.  You could send a note
to netview@tivoli.com and request that this be changed in a future release.

So you are left with writing a script to run as an action or in-line action
instead and using snmpget to get your data.  If you use an inline action you
must be sure to have a short wait time or you could hang nvcorrd waiting for a
response.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Calvin Wilson <cwwilson@UVIC.CA> on 08/27/99 02:57:31 PM