CiscoWorks, Blue, Questions...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: CiscoWorks, Blue, Questions...
From: Gord Michaels <gord_michaels@HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 07:52:50 PDT
Hello All.

I have recently located some s/w which may or may not help us with our
Network Management work. The s/w is old but it still may be useful.

Presently, I have Netview 5.1.1 and CiscoWorks2000. They both work fine. The
s/w which I have recently dug up is something called CiscoWorks Blue. From
the limited doc I have located, it consists of the following:

Maps 1.2
SNA View 1.2
Internetwork Performance Monitor 1.0
Internetwork Status Monitor 3.0
Native Service Point 2.0

My questions are:

1. Does CiscoWorks2000 superceed this package, i.e. since I have
CiscoWorks2000, will this s/w offer additional functionality? I don't think
that CiscoWorks2000 offers SNA functionality of any type. Can both of them
co-exist??

2. Will CiscoWorks Blue integrate with Netview 5.1.1 and if so, how tightly
and to what degree?

3. Are there newer releases of these packagesw which I should be looking at?

5. Does this product have and pre-reqs? Does it interact with Netview
Service Point

Any info appreciated.

Gord Michaels