Re: Netview Service Point...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview Service Point...
From: Gord Michaels <gord_michaels@HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 06:43:56 PDT
Wow.

Thanks for all the info.

I have a few other questions however...

1. Our mainframes (running Netview for MVS) have a TCP/IP interface and of
course a TCP/IP stack (I think my mainframe people called it OSA). So, after
I install Communications Manager for AIX (I am assuming NVSP comes as part
of this product ??) on my Netview 5.1.1 Server, is there anything I need to
install on the mainframe side?

2. I am assuming that I send these SNA Alerts over IP, i.e. I do not need an
SNA connection to the mainframe??

Any info appreciated. I am completely foreign to the wonderful world of the
Mainframe and SNA.

Gord.